How Much Can a Honda Pilot Tow?
If you’re looking for a capable midsize SUV that delivers strong V6 performance, the new Honda Pilot is a great choice. How much can a Honda Pilot tow? When properly equipped, this Honda SUV can tow up to 5,000 pounds. Learn more about how the Honda Pilot towing capacity in this guide from Rockingham Honda, then schedule a test drive with us today!
What is the 2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
The Honda Pilot towing capacity adds extra versatility on the roads in and around Lawrence. If you want to know how much a Honda Pilot can tow, it will depend on whether you choose a 2WD or an AWD model.
- 2WD Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring: 3,500 pounds
- AWD Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, Touring, Elite, and Black Edition: 5,000 pounds
The Honda Pilot also has a payload capacity of 1,420 to 1,625 pounds and a maximum cargo capacity of 83.9 cubic feet to 109.0 cubic feet. As you can see, this SUV is fully capable of hauling everything you need on your next camping trip outside of Haverhill.
2021 Honda Pilot Performance Specs
No matter which Honda Pilot trim level you choose, you’ll benefit from the standard 3.5L V6 engine that generates 280 hp with 262 lb-ft of torque. The Pilot performance and efficiency is further enhanced by its 9-speed automatic transmission and the Eco Assist™ System, which can keep you informed of your fuel usage to help you get the most out of every gallon of gas on Haverhill roads.
2021 Honda Pilot Towing and Safety Features
The Honda Pilot can also be equipped with the following features that ensure a safe and successful Salem-area towing experience:
- HondaLink®: Whether you are in the vehicle or away from it, HondaLink® can keep you connected to your Honda model’s fuel range, service schedule, and more.
- Hill Start Assist: When you’re on a steep incline, this system will apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal to prevent rollback.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System: This advanced AWD system adds superior traction and control in difficult weather and road conditions, while boosting the towing capacity of your Pilot.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: This system provides a clear view of the area behind the vehicle, making it easier and safer to parallel park or hitch a trailer.
Find Your New Honda Pilot Today at Rockingham Honda!
We’ve answered the question, “How much can a Honda Pilot tow?” Now, stop by Rockingham Honda to experience all that this robust SUV has to offer. Don’t forget to take advantage of the savings offered in our new vehicle specials, and apply for financing with us online to get pre-approved for a low-interest loan. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.
More from Rockingham Honda
Along with its sporty styling and powerful performance capabilities, the 2021 Honda Accord interior is a big part of what makes this midsize sedan one of the most popular at Rockingham Honda. Roomy, comfortable, and loaded with tech-savvy features, the Honda Accord interior will enhance any Lawrence drive. Learn more about the Honda design and…
The new Honda Pilot is a capable midsize SUV that offers powerful V6 performance, a spacious interior, and loads of convenient features designed to enhance your Lawrence-area driving experience. If you are shopping for a family-friendly vehicle, you’ll be happy to know that the Honda Pilot safety ratings prove it is designed to keep…
If you’re looking for a capable midsize SUV that delivers strong V6 performance, the new Honda Pilot is a great choice. How much can a Honda Pilot tow? When properly equipped, this Honda SUV can tow up to 5,000 pounds. Learn more about how the Honda Pilot towing capacity in this guide from Rockingham Honda,…